EAST COAST GETAWAYS – TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please see our full and detailed terms and conditions below,
USE OF THE PROPERTY
1. The guest is permitted use of the property under a Licence to Occupy the premises. This does not constitute a tenancy. The property can be used for Short-Term Accommodation only. The property is not to be used for any commercial activity, wedding, party, gathering or any other function. Wedding receptions, schoolies, bucks and hens’ nights are not accepted under any circumstances. If we find out during your stay, you may be evicted by our private security contractors
2. When making a booking, and agreement is made between you and the owner of the property. East Coast Getaways as an agent for the owner only. We may therefore need to consult the owner re any pricing, refund, bond claim or other issue before it can be finalised.
3. Your booking is not confirmed until you have paid the 50% deposit. Any change whatsoever can be made up until that time.
4. Once paid, all monies are non-refundable. If you subsequently cancel, you will only receive a refund of monies paid if the dates are rebooked to another guest, if the owner allows a refund, or the owner allows you to rebook the property at another time of the year
5. If our staff or the police are called to your property to deal with noise complaints or to give a warning, a fee of up to $300 may be charged
6. Check in is 2pm and check out is normally 10am.
7. East Coast Getaways (and the owner) will use its best endeavours to have the property in good working order, however cannot guarantee every aspect of the property and especially items which can be inherently temperamental – electronics, wifi, television reception, barbecue lighters, or the functioning of pools and spas
8. If you have an issue during your stay, please report it asap to us to give us the opportunity to rectify it. We will not be responsible for compensation for issues that are reported late or after you vacate the property.
9. If on arrival you find issues with cleaning. Please contact us immediately. We will endeavour to have a cleaner return to the property to rectify. We will not be responsible for compensation for cleaning issues that are reported late or after you vacate the property. We will not be responsible for refunds for cleaning, we will have a cleaner return to the property.
10. An owner is entitled to withdraw a property from the rental pool at any time because of a sale of the property or otherwise. If this happens, we will offer you alternative accommodation, or all monies will be refunded to you
11. East Coast Holidays or the owner will not be responsible for any loss occasioned by bush fires, excessive rain and storm activity, excessive beach erosion or seaweed, or the failure of any utilities or electronic equipment and services at the property
SAVING OF CREDIT CARD DETAILS
1. If you pay by credit card, our reservation system saves those details so that we can automatically process any further payments on your behalf. Our system is PCI compliant and all credit card details are secure
2. We keep your credit card details on file in the event of damage to the property, excessive cleaning charges, removal of excess rubbish, or any other breach of our terms and conditions
3. If a bond is not sufficient for damage at a property, credit card details may be used to top up any required claim against you
RETURN OF YOUR BOND
1. We will return the bond to you within 10 business days of your departure date. This give us time to receive and investigate any potential bond issues arising during your stay.
MAKING A BOOKING, DEPOSITS AND FINAL PAYMENTS
1. A booking may be held but will not be legally binding on East Coast Getaways or the owner until a deposit is paid. To proceed with a booking, the following deposit and final payment rules apply:
a) Bookings made more than 21 days before arrival: 50% deposit required and balance prior to arrival
b) Bookings made within 21 days of arrival: 100% payment upon booking
c) Christmas bookings: $200 to confirm the booking. 50% due to at the end of July, 100% due at the end of November.
2. Bookings may be cancelled if a deposit is not received in accordance with the above
3. If a particular special is not available at the time of making your booking, we are under no obligation to retrospectively apply it to your booking
4. Payment of the deposit constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions
1.To secure your booking, you must pay a non-refundable deposit of up to 50%.
2. If you cancel a booking, you will only receive a refund of any monies paid if the dates are rebooked by us to another guest for the same value. Alternatively, the owners may in their sole discretion allow you to rebook their property at another time of the year, to an equivalent value of your stay and subject to availability.
SCHOOLIES, BUCKS, HENS, PARTIES, WEDDING RECEPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHY
Wedding receptions, photography, schoolies, bucks and hens nights are NOT accepted under any circumstances. If we find out during your stay, you may be evicted by our private security contractors. No refund of any monies paid will be given if evicted.
PAYMENT METHODS AND CREDIT CARD CHARGES
Payment can be made by credit card, direct deposit, bank cheque, or cleared personal cheque. A 2.0% surcharge applies to Visa, Mastercard and Amex payments.
Payment is also accepted by Paypal and Bank Transfer. Details of these are emailed to you when booking.
1. Credit card details and a completed security bond form are required before keys or access to the property are provide. When this is done, no funds are deducted, however the credit card is authorised for the amount of the bond. Credit card authorisations are held for 7 days.
2. Your obligations under the security bond potentially include:
a) damage to the property or furnishings, repairs and/or replacement of items, and breakages
b) excess cleaning due to leaving the house in an unreasonable state
c) repositioning moved furniture
d) overloading the house with excess guests
e) having pets at the house without permission
f) production of an excessive or unreasonable amount of rubbish
g) lost keys and/or garage/alarm remotes
h) late departure
i) noise complaints requiring attention by one of our staff
j) any other losses sustained by the owner of the Property as a direct or indirect consequence of the actions of you or your guests
3. We are not obliged to inform you before we make any charges against your credit card, if you are in breach of the above obligations.
4. If we cannot resolve a bond issue amicably, you will have ultimate recourse against any unfair charges to the Office of Fair-Trading NSW
5. To process any security bond claim, we may also charge a $55 administration fee to compensate for our time involved in the process
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT TIMES
The following check in and check out times apply:
o Check in – 2pm
o Check out – 10am
1. No damages – you as the guest accept responsibility for and agree to indemnify us and/or the owner against any loss or damage or breakages to the premises or the household contents caused by you or your guests. Damages or breakages in excess of normal wear and tear may be charged to you
2. Cleanliness – you, as the guest, agree that the property will be left in a neat and tidy condition (as found at the commencement of the rental), which includes washing up dirty dishes or emptying the dishwasher, sweeping hard floors and deck areas, removal of rubbish and putting it in the bins for collection. If you have rubbish in excess to the bin provided, that shall be removed by you. Excessive cleaning or rubbish removal charges may be charged to you if you breach this obligation
3. Moving furniture and un-cabling electronic devices – please do not move furniture around the house or un-cable televisions, DVD’s or other electronic devices. If the cleaners or someone else are required to spend time on rectifying what you have done, you may be charged on an hourly rate.
4. No noise disruption – If a warning about noise is given to you or your guests (either verbally, in writing or by text message) without effect, you may be asked to leave the property and the tenancy will be terminated IMMEDIATELY with no refund of monies. If our staff, the police or security guards are called your property during your stay to deal with noise complaints or anti-social behaviour or to give a warning, a fee of up to $300 may be charged.
For the purposes of this clause, noise disruption includes loud behaviour of any type that disrupts the peace and quiet of others, intrusive or abusive language, loud music or any other sounds affecting other residents that are audible outside the boundaries of the property.
5. Faults – faulty appliances or other problems with the property must be reported to our office immediately. Damages or breakages in excess of normal wear and tear may be charged to you.
6. No fireworks – fireworks are illegal in New South Wales – at all times of the year, so if they are reported, we are obliged to notify the police.
7. Safe custody of keys – at all times during your stay, you must keep safe custody of the keys provided to you. A lock out fee of $100 will apply if one of our staff is called to the property outside of office hours to assist with keys having been locked inside the property. If keys are lost, a lock out fee of $100 will apply plus the cost of obtaining a replacement set of keys including remote control dongles.
8. Lock up and return of keys – upon vacating please ensure that all doors and windows are locked and that keys are returned to our office. Do not under any circumstances whatsoever leave keys at the property or at any other location.
9. Turn off appliances – upon vacating, please turn off all lights, heaters, air conditioners and other electrical appliances that you have turned on during your stay
10. Number of guests – your agreement is for the number of guests displayed on the website for the property. Numbers in excess of this will result in a fee of $100 per night, per person. The owner of the property will however be given the right to terminate, without refund, or to request that the numbers be reduced.
11. Number of beds – no additional mattresses, tents or caravans are permitted in or on the grounds of the property at any time.
12. Problems or complaints – in the case of any problem, complaint or issue, you must inform us at the earliest opportunity so that we have the opportunity to rectify any issues, problems or concerns as soon as possible. We are set up to deal with and rectify issues during your stay, even if after hours and will not be responsible for compensation for issues that are reported late or after you vacate the property
13. Smoking is not permitted in any property. Bond penalties apply for smoking on the premises
EAST COAST GETAWAYS OBLIGATIONS
1. Rectification of issues – whilst we and the owners of the properties take care to keep the houses in good condition and good working order, nevertheless breakages, outages and malfunctions beyond our control do occur. When this happens, we will rectify a situation as soon as practicable, however we or our owners cannot accept responsibility for any loss and no compensation will be given. This applies to the property, its inclusions, the supply of utilities, and where applicable, the pool or spa.
2. Withdrawal of property or price change by owner – an owner is entitled to withdraw a property from the rental pool at any time, or to request us to make a price change at any time. Although uncommon, should a property be withdrawn, or should its price be changed, by an owner during all of or part of the period of your booking, every reasonable effort will be made by us to offer you alternative accommodation. Alternatively, all monies paid will be refunded and you hereby agree that you will accept a refund as an acceptable solution should such a situation arise.
3. Cleaning – we will use our best endeavours to organise for the property to be cleaned prior to your arrival, however during peak season or extremely busy handover days; some tolerance may be required of tenants to accommodate cleaning schedules.
4. Maintenance – we will organise for normal repairs and maintenance to be carried out during your stay, provided that the repairs and maintenance are attributable to normal wear and tear, and not damage to the property or other breakages.
5. Gas bottle refills – subject to the availability of staff, we will organise gas bottle refills for you, or reimburse you for the cost of a refill if you do that yourself.
6. Representation of a property – your booking is made in good faith by us as the owners’ agent. We will use our best endeavours to ensure that the property is accurately represented to you, however we will not be responsible for the actions of owners including making changes to a property or its inclusions. All disputes concerning the nature of the property will be referred to the owner.
7. East Coast Getaways (or the owner) will use its best endeavours to have the property in good working order, however cannot guarantee every aspect of the property and especially items which can be inherently temperamental – electronics, wifi, television reception, barbecue lighters, or the functioning of pools and spas
1. Pet friendly house – a pet friendly house means that your dog is permitted on the property and unless so stated in the description of the property, also inside the house. Please check the property description closely for any specific rules that apply to that house. As a general rule, pets are not permitted on furniture or beds. Please therefore bring along a dog bed or similar for the dog to sleep on
2. Fencing – some pet friendly properties are fenced as indicated in the property description; however, the total security of the fencing is never guaranteed by us. You are responsible for the whereabouts of your dog at all times
3. Avoid excessive cleaning charges – all houses reserve the right to charge for excess cleaning costs due to dog hair, scratching or chewing damage, etc. Please clean the house upon departure to remove dog hair and any other mess inside the house. When you leave please also check the gardens and lawns and please clean up after your dog.
4. An owner may change a property from pet friendly to not pet friendly it his or her sole discretion
1. We will endeavour to assist you to retrieve lost or forgotten personal property; however no claim may be made on us or the owner for any loss
2. Lost property will be kept for a period of 2 weeks, and then any unclaimed items will be donated to charity.
TERMINATION AND OTHER GENERAL TERMS
A tenancy can be terminated if a material term or condition of this agreement is breached by you.
The following fees and charges may apply to your booking.
Fees and Charges
Booking Fee $66 per booking, non-refundable
Cancellation Charge 15% of tariff
BBQ Clean $55
Neighbourhood complaints $300 – call out fee for excess noise, overcrowding, police
Good left behind $27.50 collection fee plus postage costs
Bond Claims $55 admin fee for bond claims in excess of $150
Lost Keys Replacement cost plus $55 admin fee
Public holiday/ Sunday checking $100 surcharge
Afterhours checkin $16.50 Mon – Satruday
Where the property does not supply linen, it can be hired through our office. Please note 48 hours’ notice is required for linen orders.
Single bed pack $30
Queen bed pack $35
King bed pack $35